Student Council Meeting Minutes - 1 March 2012
The Student Council, working on your behalf, has brought all your suggestions and ideas regarding menus and healthy eating to Ms O'Mahony, the food company manager. And the Council is busy organising 'Sunshine Day' as part of the upcoming Healthwise week. Don't forget your pink socks!! Thanks to Aisling O'Brien for the minutes.
- Attendance was taken and apologies were given for absences.
- Ms.O’Mahony from the canteen food company attended meeting.
- She was very interested in our feedback from tutor groups. The main information given back was that students were generally happy with the food but need to be given a menu for the week in advance so they can organise which days to order. Students were very happy with the increase in healthy options.
- She explained to us that they are constantly changing the menu but will make a menu for each week. She explained the healthy eating policy and how that prohibits things like the rocky roads which will no longer be sold but will be replaced with an alternative. She explained how the food is fresh, quality food.
- She asked us to give it some more thought and to get some more feedback from tutor groups. She mentioned the idea of some sort of a competition and she arranged to meet us again after Easter. Shauna Mullen and Ms.O’Mahony exchanged numbers so we can have free communication between the council and the food counter.
- It was arranged that members would attend tutor classes on Tuesday for further feedback and to update them on this meeting.
- Sunshine Day was organised.
- Ellen agreed to get in contact with Robin and together do the announcement on the Tuesday morning. An upbeat song and uplifting poem was agreed on for the morning prayer.
- It was provisionally agreed that Sunshine day would be on Tuesday but Ms.Giblin was to confirm this. It was decided that on the day pink socks would be worn and all members must wear them to show active involvement.
- Cora was to design a poster to raise awareness of the day and have it up by the front door for Monday.
- It was reminded that all students were to check rota on the board for giving out stickers during Healthwise week.
- The next meeting was arranged for Thursday 8th March.