Code of Behaviour for Students
The Board of Management in setting out this Code of Behaviour aims to present to students, staff and parents/guardians the norms of behaviour and relationships that are essential for meeting the aspirations of our Mission Statement as respectful of the right of all to work together in a caring, enabling, learning community. The school discipline strategy seeks to encourage responsible, positive behaviour to enable students receive a satisfying school experience where they can ‘fulfil their God-given potential with integrity, compassion, and a sense of humour in the generous pursuit of a just world.’
This Code of Behaviour which has been drawn up in collaboration with staff, students and parents/guardians is rooted in the belief that respect for the individual is essential to effective teaching and learning and, is an integral part of a positive school environment.
The Code of Behaviour as set out in this document aims to achieve:
- the creation of a safe and caring environment conducive to effective teaching and learning
- the fostering of a spirit of self-discipline crucial to the development of the young person
- the development of personal responsibility
- the maintenance of a clean and orderly environment
- the balance between the interests of the individual student and the general welfare of the wider school community.