In Loreto College Foxrock, regular and punctual attendance at school and class is considered central to learning. Parents/guardians must encourage their daughter to take responsibility for her own learning and achieve her full potential.
The Education Welfare Act 2000 places a statutory responsibility on schools and parents to provide for the optimum attendance of every student. Education Welfare Boards have been established to oversee school attendance nationwide and each school has been assigned an Education Welfare Officer whose duty it is to liaise with the school in relation to any attendance problems which may emerge.
The Principal must inform the Education Welfare Officer where any of the following occur:
- A student has reached 20 days absence cumulatively
- A Principal is concerned about a student’s attendance
- The Board of Management decides to expel a student
- A student has been suspended for 6 days or more cumulatively
- A student’s name is to be removed from the school register for whatever reason
- Next >>